Each month, the Library displays works by local artists in the main lobby. A biography of the artist and a list of the works, many of which are for sale, can be found at the circulation desk. Thanks to board member Terry Wise for curating this revolving art gallery. See the calendar for future artist showings.
Art show guidelines:
- Local artists are invited to submit images of their work to art curator Terry Wise at wises[at]bcn.net.
- Shows run for one calendar month.
- Artist is responsible for hanging and taking down artwork, with help from the art curator.
- If artist desires an opening reception s/he will be responsible for all related costs and set up. Receptions may be held on Tuesday or Friday evenings from 5-7:00 p.m.
- Library will post notice of the show on its website, Facebook, and enewsletter. All other promotion is the responsibility of the artist.
- Sales are to be handled by the artist. A 20 percent donation to the Stockbridge Library is expected on any sales generated by the show.
- Questions may be directed to art curator Terry Wise at wises[at]bcn.net.
For a printable set of these guidelines, please click HERE.