July 6th – August 17th
Get ready to have fun during the Stockbridge Library’s annual Summer Reading Program for children age 0-18. The theme this year is Tails & Tales: a celebration of books about animals, fairy tales, and folktales. Follow the steps below to find out how you can participate and win prizes this summer!
- SIGN UP
- Sign up for a Beanstack account, our new online platform for logging summer reading. By logging the minutes you read each day, you can earn virtual badges, win real prizes for reaching reading milestones, and have your name entered into our end-of-the-summer grand prize drawings!
- We also have a paper log for families who want less screen time this summer, although we think Beanstack is pretty great! Color 7 paws on your paper log and show us at the library to win a small prize from our prize bucket. Color at least 18 paws and turn it in before August 24th to be entered into our end-of-the-summer grand prize drawings.
- If you’re participating in summer reading, whether you use Beanstack or the paper log, be sure to visit the Stockbridge Library after July 6th so you can decorate a paper fish and add your name to our “Dive Into Summer Reading” display above the fish tank in our lobby!
- READ, LOG, REPEAT
- Participate in the Tails and Tales Summer Reading Program by reading 20 minutes every day this summer! Little ones who are not reading independently can still participate in summer reading by listening to someone else read to them.
- Once you read and log 180 minutes (3 hours) on Beanstack this summer, you can pick out a prize from our prize bucket at the library.
- Continue to read and log each day because once you’ve read 360 minutes (6 hours), your name will automatically be entered into the end-of-the-summer grand prize drawing on Beanstack.
- You’ll be automatically entered into the grand prize drawing through your Beanstack account once you reach the 360-minute milestone. Those using the paper log will be entered into the drawing after they turn in their paper log at the library before August 24th. The drawing will be held on August 25th and winners notified that week.
- HAVE FUN THIS SUMMER!
- Beginning in July, we will hold outdoor storytimes on our front lawn for families to attend. Check back here for updates to come, including information on dates and times.
- Starting July 6th, pick up a weekly animal-themed Take and Make Craft from the library. Each craft kit contains instructions and supplies for a fun craft to make at home!
Be sure to check back often in the weeks leading up to July as more information about summer reading becomes available. Feel free to email youth librarian Rachel Nicholson at email@example.com if you have questions about summer reading!
The “Tails and Tales” (Statewide Summer Library Program) is sponsored by the Stockbridge Library, the Massachusetts Library System, the Boston Bruins, and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners and the Institute of Museum and Library Services with support from the National Women’s Hockey League team Boston Pride.