In 1905, to help generate more power for the Housatonic Mills down river, a power plant was built on the site of the former Callendar Mills in Glendale, MA. The new building was constructed using repurposed stone from the former Glendale Woolen Mill, up river.
In 1977 the property was purchased by Mary (Guerrieri) Heather and her brother Joseph. After restoring the building and upgrading the mechanics inside they started the Housatonic Energy Conservation Association and began to supply electricity to the Massachusetts Electric Company in 1983.
Museum & Archives: Mary Guerrieri Heather Collection, #2013.071